Friday, February 7, 2014

Craft Challenge #1


Craft Challenge......What's a girl to do with a set of horns?

A little horn history.....Growing up I thought my Uncle Jesse was the absolute coolest (and he's still pretty awesome!) and when he moved out of Grandma Susie's house, he left these behind.  For the life of me, I cannot remember why in the world I snatched them up, but here they are!

Now here's the dilemma..."as is" they are a little too giddy-up and yee-haw for my flavor.  They've been sitting on my dining room table for a few weeks now and we put dinner around them, sit and drink our morning coffee around them.......but what in the world am I going to do with them?

Here's why I'm even considering it.....As you know I'll soon have a deer head mounted on the wall and I've been looking at decorating possibilities that will not only please my husband, but make me happy too!  

I've seen several white ceramic deer heads that are considerably smaller and thought I'd start looking for one to hang with ....ummm...let's call him "Bubba".  Then I came across these lovely horns and my mind started spinning.  Here are my thoughts and I'd love your feedback....(click on the blog and leave me your ideas!)

  • Leave them alone (let me clarify too - they are NOT real horns!)
  • Spray paint the entire piece a glossy white
  • Spray paint the horns white and then wrap a jute twine around the center suede pieces.
  • What else?
I'm anxious to see what ideas you come up with!

TGIF - enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. paint it a vibrant color (to go with your décor) and wrap the middle with twine..you could also decoupage something onto it....some kind of cool paper.KBG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you separate the "horns" and use them as wall accents, they could hold flowers, pheasant feathers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. KBG - I don't know if I'd use the same thing, but Cindy and I saw the coolest cobbler's 'thingy' that was decoupaged with old pattern (sewing) pieces. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 10