Sunday, March 2, 2014

2014 Williamsburg Hike for Hospice.....Bob's Red Engine Walkers!

2014 Williamsburg Hike for Hospice

We all hope a Hospice relationship is one we never have to encounter.  But chances are we have or know of someone who has.  And I know I'll be forever grateful for the kindness and compassion Dad's Hospice nurse showed both Mom & Dad.  And...she had to drive from over past Smithfield.  A nurse following her calling!

I can't believe it's been two years since Dad took his last breath here on this earth.  For about a week prior, I'd sit with him and he'd hold my hand and pray.  He'd say out loud...It's not time yet Bob!  It's not time yet.  Monday, February 6th....he knew.  He took his oxygen off and entered the Promise Land!  I'm certain Pap was there waiting for him....doing a jig! 

Friends, when it's their time, they will know.  And when they've been under the care of Hospice, the staff and volunteers are there for you each step of the way.  They know it's hard....they know the months to come aren't going to be any easier....but from personal experience, the minute the nurse walked into the house our healing began.  Was the healing immediate?  Oh no!  Not by a long shot (as I sit here using my sweatshirt sleeve as a tissue).  But her kind words and knowledge of 'what to do next' made the next few days bearable.  And for that support, I want to give back. And, I'd like to ask you to consider doing the same.




Our team goal is to have 20 walkers!  We will have team t-shirts and for the first 20 people to register, the t-shirt will be FREE!  (make sure you message me your size after registering).  If you cannot join us, but would like to make a donation, the link above will walk you through that process. 



Dad driving Engine 3 in the Christmas Parade.  The same truck that took him for his final ride!  Love ya Dad!

Several have inquired about purchasing a t-shirt and we will be happy to order one for you.  The cost will be $15 ($5 going towards our total Hospice donation).  Make sure you get your money and sizes to me by March 28th!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love and support. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for spearheading this Rob! We're definitely going to be the best looking team out there in our "fire engine red" shirts! Dad would've loved them. Love ya! kbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - keep your eyes out for 'props' for us to carry. Maybe we could paint some pool noodles to look like fire hoses.....they won't be nearly as heavy!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 10