Friday, June 6, 2014

Life would be better if we wore more tutus....

If you had told me this morning that by the end of the day, there would be a video of me on Facebook in the shower.  I would've laughed you out the door!
Melinda...I guess you are right!  Welcome to the age where you really don't care what people think!  I received the challenge from Ashley and it's for a good cause, so there you go!

To back up just a little......Nannie Bailey called me at 5:30 am to wish me a Happy Birthday and asked the same question she does every year.....Do you feel any older?  Love her to pieces.

After the boys were off to school/work ....I hit the highway, cranked the Motown on XM Radio and headed to Chesterfield to meet Cindy (aka-Melvina). We met in the parking lot, sharing a few favorite dance moves...step-shuffle, step-shuffle and of course....step-ball change!  People watched.....we did not care!

The day consisted of beautifying, lunch and what else.....a visit to The Lazy Daisy and thrifting.  My bargain of the day.......22 pieces of beautiful silver-plated silverware and 3 pieces of silver....yes ma'am, I said silver!  All for the bargain price of $3.60.  Cha-Ching!  As I was digging, and I mean making lots of noise (like Andrew when he used to dig for hours in his Lego bin) there was a man lingering and I'm sure waiting his turn.  With nothing left in the bin but stainless steel, I smiled and in my mind wanted to do a cartwheel!  Whoa-Sistah....don't even think about it! Just walk away with your loot and be satisfied with that!
Goodwill also had for the bargain price of $6.99 an adult-size tutu!  Hmmmmmm....

I arrived home to find the guys already home....I video taped myself in the shower (d'lawd!) and we left with 3 items on our list.
  1. Dinner
  2. Sweet Frog
  3. Sparklers
It really didn't matter to me where we had dinner, as long as we went to Sweet Frog after.  What a treat!  I opted for B-Dubs because it was within walking distance. I wish the sparklers were that easy.  I wanted a photo for my 50th holding sparklers.  Call me weird - I'm OK with it.  I bet I buy some and save them for 51!

Who's meeting me at the batting cage?
Thanks everyone for allowing me to share some of my bucket list with you!  I have the most amazing family and friends.  My bucket is running over with such beautiful memories....backyard dance performances, the old wooden bridge, dancing with Dad to CCR, sewing and life advice from Mom, growing up and still laughing ourselves to tears, a wonderful job that inspires me and touches my heart to the point of tears and a wonderful husband, children and grand babies!  50 years of goodness....just plain and simple goodness!  Who needs a list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10